How to pay for an e-ZPass ticket?
You probably already know that E-ZPass is an electronic toll payment system that is used to automatically pay tolls on some US highways and that allows you to pay without having to stop. In this article we will not just explain how to pay for an e-ZPass ticketwe will also answer some of the most frequently asked questions from users in relation to this electronic device.
The most expensive tolls and freeways in the United States
- How to pay for an e-ZPass ticket?
- How to pay for an NJ e-ZPass ticket?
- How to pay for a Maryland E-ZPass ticket?
- E-ZPass: frequently asked questions
How to pay for an e-ZPass ticket?
Tickets or e-ZPass invoices are sent to the vehicle owner when one of the following violations is committed:
- Insufficient funds in the account: When the e-ZPass account balance is insufficient and the driver uses an "E-ZPass only" toll lane.
- Avoidance of tolls: When crossing the toll booth without a valid E-ZPass tag in the vehicle.
- Classification error: When the vehicle in transit at the toll booth does not correspond to the classification of the vehicle registered in the E-ZPass.
- Speeding: When the driver crosses the lane faster than the permitted limit.
If you receive an e-ZPass invoice, you must fulfill your payment responsibility immediately. Here's how to pay for an e-ZPass ticket.
You have several alternatives to pay for the e-ZPass:
- on line
- By credit or debit card via the voice answering system
- Checking your mail along with the bottom of the notice
- Cash at a shop or kiosk.
If you disagree with the violation and want to contest it, you must complete section C of the communication you received and send it to the following address:
- E-ZPass Infringement Claims and Payments
- P.O. Box 15186
- Albany, NY 12212-5186
How to pay for an NJ e-ZPass ticket?
If you receive an e-ZPass violation in the state of New Jersey, you can easily pay for it online, as explained below.
To pay for an NJ e-ZPass ticket, you need to go to e-ZPass NJ and go to the section “Invoice / Violations / Toll” (Invoice / Violations / Toll). There you have to enter the infringement number or license plate number.
Payment can be made with a debit card or with one of the following credit cards: American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
Payments by check must be paid to New Jersey E-ZPass and sent to the following address:
- NJ E-ZPass Customer Service Center
- P.O. Box 4973 Trenton, NJ 08650.
If you want to pay in cash, visit one of the CSCs (Customer Service Centers). To locate the closest enter here.
How to pay a toll in New Jersey?
How to pay for a Maryland E-ZPass ticket?
If you need to pay for an E-ZPass ticket in Maryland, you can do so online through the new DriveEzMD page. We will then explain the steps to follow.
If you get a notification for an unpaid toll, go to DriveEzMD and go to the section that says "I received a toll notice in the mail". There you can make the payment by entering the shipping code and post code.
You can also make payments by check or money order by sending the coupon attached to the ticket to NOTD (Notice of Toll Due) to the Maryland Transportation Authority, PO Box 17600, Baltimore, MD 21297.
If you feel you have outstanding debts with the Maryland E-ZPass, you can find out online if you are in debt with tolls and you can also pay them online. Access the page DriveEzMDselect "Pay tolls" and there go to "I do not have a toll account" and click on "take my tolls", select the status of your license plate and enter its number so that you can check your debts and pay them.
Traffic laws in New Jersey
E-ZPass: frequently asked questions
I have an E-ZPass account, why did I receive a NOTD (Notice of Toll Due) payment notice?
Some of the most common reasons you might get a NOTD if you have an E-ZPass account are:
- Insufficient funds in your E-ZPass account at the time of the transaction;
- The credit / debit card for the E-ZPass account has expired or been declined;
- The vehicle license plate is not listed in your E-ZPass account and no transponder was detected during the transaction;
- Your E-ZPass transponder has been mounted incorrectly; or
- Your E-ZPass account is an elected Hatem Bridge "A" account valid only on the Thomas J. Hatem Memorial Bridge (US 40).
If I rent a vehicle, can I add it to my E-ZPass account?
No, you shouldn't add your rental vehicle information to your E-ZPass account. However, you will be able to use your E-ZPass electronic device in any vehicle of the same class. Remember that it must be installed correctly, according to the installation instructions. If it is not installed correctly, it cannot be read when passing through a toll booth. If your E-ZPass is not read, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement relating to the use of the E-ZPass system, toll transactions and transaction violations.
Where can I use E-ZPass?
To find the toll booths where E-ZPass is accepted, please follow this link.
How much is the toll in New York?
The prices of these tolls depend on several variables such as the location, the type of vehicle, the weight and the number of axles. Freight trucks often pay more than passenger cars. Furthermore, the amount may depend on the time of day and the payment method. For example, the GW Bridge toll is $ 16 for cash-paying cars, $ 13.75 for E-ZPass customers during peak hours, and $ 11.75 for E-ZPass customers during peak hours.
How to get an e ZPass in New York?
To get an e ZPass in New York, the first thing you need to do is choose the plan that best suits your needs. There are two of them, the Individual Plan and the Business Plan.
The Single Plan is designed for cars, vans, trucks, motorcycles, RVs with single rear tires and a maximum weight of 7,000 lbs. You can have a maximum of 4 E-ZPass electronic devices with this plan.
To apply for this e-ZPass service plan you can complete the Online applicationgo through one of the E-ZPass Points in motion or download and complete the request fax or mail it to the E-ZPass NY Customer Service Center at PO Box 149001, Staten Island, NY 10314-9001. This individual plan is designed so that each account has a maximum of 4 E-ZPasses.
The Business Plan is designed for vehicles of any size that are owned by a company and used for business purposes. Having a commercial account for company vehicles offers several advantages:
- Commercial vehicle drivers are not required to carry cash to pay tolls.
- You can take advantage of E-ZPass discounts on Thruway tolls.
- By having several affiliated vehicles you can qualify for volume discounts. This discount applies to monthly billing.
If you want to discover other articles similar to How to pay for an e-ZPass ticket?, you can visit the Last News category.
DISCLAIMER: By reading this, you agree to the following: you understand that this is an expression of opinions and not professional advice. You are solely responsible for the use of any content and hold harmless ©INFOCARSUSA.COM and all members and affiliates from any event or claim. The information provided on the site may contain errors, both grammatical and contextual and/or information, and we recommend that you conduct your own research through the means you deem appropriate to satisfy your search intention. If you purchase something through a link, you should assume that we have an affiliate relationship with the company providing the product or services you purchase, and we will be compensated in some way. We recommend that you conduct your own independent research before purchasing anything.